If you’re like me and trigger happy with your camera and end up with millions of photos in your archive. Let me share a great idea that’s worth sharing. You will love this!
Have you any questions about putting together a photo album? Please let me know, as I may be able to help.
Let’s say every 2-3 years you its worth compiling a few of your best photos into a album. Before you start, let me just say that this is not a easy task. You’ll discover this once you start to selecting your images.
However hard it may seem; the benefits outweigh the challenge. The possibilities of what you can create are endless and the benefit of having a printed album as immense value. Not just now but for years to come. As I found out whilst looking through my first album I printed. It was a simple A5 size album with about 30 pages. Looking back at it now, still fills me with emotions of joys, and you can not put a price on emotions of joy. This simple but effective idea doesn’t just work for general consumer like, family and wedding albums. It can also have a great impact for businesses too.
5 reasons why you should print your photos
- Just simply holding a printed album in your hand and the joy and emotions it’s creates is truly amazing.
- Every album tells a story, and your story will always start with one image. One great image with say a thousand words.
- Your printed album in 10, 20, 50 years times, will increase in value no matter how simple it is. Once printed, you will see so much more detail in your image that you may not have noticed before.
- You don’t have to search through thousands of images to find the best ones you like. As a printed image or album will already images that have been selected and all in one place.
- Printing your images is a great idea for a gift and has endless options available. Printed framed Images, Mugs, Cushions and Albums and so much more.
By putting together a album it means you have just created a piece of history that will add value in years to come. Let’s build a picture to put this in contest. Think back 10 years to a time where you or with your family had a function, like a birthday, graduation, baby shower etc…. Now think when was the last time you looked at those photos? No doubt you took hundreds of photos on the night and saved them to you PC, Laptop, Hard drive, Online Storage. However, when was the last time you flicked through those images? Probably 8 years ago.
Having a printed album means you simply grab it off the shelf and flick through all your images to enjoy the memories you treasure.
Now to task at hand, building your album collection to help you narrow down what is worth adding to it and whats worth leaving out. It’s a bit like painting a picture on a canvas. You start with the single image that means the most to you. This is the image that brings out your emotions to be proud of. Then you just simply build the rest of your collection by telling a story of that event from start to finish. Being a photographer for over 10 years, I’ve learned that story telly is priceless. Every image tells a story and every story is worth telly.